1. What southern traditions did you incorporate into your wedding? We both wanted our wedding day to be romantic, classically southern, timeless and fun! A few things that stick out in my mind that we were really excited about as we planned were the groomsmen’s white dinner jackets, the trolley we rented to take our bridal party and from the church so everyone could take in the short ride through downtown Birmingham, and our fun signature drink, the rum-based Missionary Downfall, which was perfect for our summer wedding.
2. What was your most memorable moment about your wedding day? The first look, absolutely!
3. What was your favorite moment or part of the day? The band announcing us as Mr. and Mrs. Michael Nix! And dancing! Our band was so much fun.
4. Where did you find your dress? I found my dress at Ivory and White in Crestline Village in Mountain Brook. It’s Lela Rose, who my best friend Caitlin Costello works for in NYC, so it’s extra special!
5. Any advice for current Birmingham Brides? Thank your moms for helping. :)Ceremony Venue: Church: Cathedral Church of the Advent |Reception Venue: Country Club of Birmingham |Photographer: Du castel photography |Coordinator: Shannon Reeves Events | Flowers: Lagniappe Designs | Dress: Lela Rose from Ivory & White | Bridesmaids Dresses: Natalie Deayala Collection from Sash Bridesmaid Boutique | Lighting: AG Lighting & Total Entertainment |Draping: AG Lighting |Band: The Answer Band |Catering & Bartending: Country Club of Birmingham | Cake: Mary’s Cake and Pastries | Groom’s Cake: Sweet Magnolia | Hair: Rebecca York, Centrifuge | Makeup: Alex Stone | Trolley: Rare Transportation