Supplies (We purchased our supplies at Alabama Art Supply)
Heavy professional grade paper (BFK Reeves or Stonhenge is recommended, make sure that the paper texture is not too rough, this would inhibit the calligrapher from writing on the paper)
Glass of water
1. Tear paper into 3 inch strips.
2. Using the strips of paper, tear them into 3.5 inch pieces.
3. Mix a palette of colors (for example, yellow, orange, pink).
4. Create washes on the pieces of torn paper using the range of colors from the palette.
5. Send to the calligrapher. Let Cards dry for 24 hours before writing on them, this ensures that they are completely dry so the ink will not bleed.
6. We pinned our wedding watercolor escort cards to a linen board with delicate pins, but the options for display are endless.